It is a great honour and privilege to be the 53rd PRESIDENT of this esteemed Association.
An association steeped in a rich history and led by some of the best entrepreneurs in Mumbai. Today I take up the responsibility of leading this association. I humbly accept this responsibility entrusted on me and pledge to push the boundaries and take the association and its members to new heights together!
I am honoured to have an Immediate Past President, Mr Rajendra Kothari who has fulfilled the association dreams and made it his mission to make us better in business and in health. With his support and guidance, I am confident of the success of our plans for this association. Apart from the IPP, I have also a remarkable group of Past Presidents whose advice and guidance I greatly revere.
The vision of Digital India programme is inclusive growth in areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing and job opportunities. Digital India will be vast in scale, and ambitious in its aims. India’s top businessmen committed to invest 4.5 lakh crore to build various parts of the program, expected to generate 18 lakh jobs.
Our objective is to empower SME to compete with larger organizations and foreign brands get investments and strategic alliances
Therefore, it can be concluded that ‘Digital India’ is all set to transform the interface of the country’s socio-economic dynamics. Building a foundation towards sustainable practices and eventually progress.
We must step out of our marketing myopia.
Going digital will unlock the value of understanding your market place and evaluating opportunities and threats. It also makes you see the bigger picture by putting India in the league of developed nation and industry a rock solid support.
The aim to be recognised globally is achieved by going digital. With this I would like to introduce the theme for this year.
“Go Digital Be Global”
- Digital Infrastructure: In the coming year we are going to cover the following topics to help you on the path of growth and globalization. Infrastructure to go digital is a key. The myth of it being expensive has prevented many of us from taking this step. Today there are many cost effective ways to build a good infrastructure for your company.
- E- Commerce &Social Media : E-commerce & Social media industry has boomed and creating portals is becoming easier and can be done single handily, to unlock your brand equity and improve visibility in a B2B environment
- Data Analytic & Collection: Data Collection & Analytics is a big leveler. SMEs will be able to compete with the biggies. Market research supports decision making in the entire marketing life cycle including product design, pricing, advertising testing, branding and customer service. If an SME goes digital there are lot of tools to collect and use the data to understand where your business is heading and what your customers are thinking.
- INDUSTRY 4.0: Industry 4.0 is the current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies. It includes cyber-physical systems, the Internet of things and cloud computing.
It was in 2004 that I became an EC member of BIA but my relationship with this association started way back in 1983 when Unitop Chemicals, the company I represent, became a member. In 1991 my father Mr B. D. Shetty was the president and 25 yrs. later I stand before you as the president. Most people look for role models in different spheres. I grew up with my inspiration and role model in my father a visionary in thinking, educationist by heart, revolutionist in attitude and philanthropist as a way of life.
Since the last few years, BIA has grown from strength to strength under various presidents. With your love and support, I have full confidence that we will be successful in raising the bar to new heights.
This confidence comes from the fact that I have one of the most dynamic team of office bearers.
- Vice President: Ajit Singh Ahluwalia
- Vice President: Prasanna Dongre
- Treasurer: Sanjay Shah
- Secretary: Siddharth Shenoy
- Secretary: Ashish Gandhi
- Treasurer: Nevil Sanghavi
- Immediate Past President: Rajendra Kothari
I would like to thank my fellow BIA members for showing confidence in me. Together let us grow, adopt a digital world and be recognised globally.
I would like to quote the Bhagwat Gita “As a human being puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.”
Similarly letting go of older ways of working that are redundant now…let adopt innovation in digitalization. INNOVATION IS THE SINGLE STRATEGY THAT WILL HELP AN SME DEVELOP AN EDGE OVER THE MARKET, SURVIVE, FLORISH AND GO GLOBAL
DIGITALISATION IS NOW IMPERATIVE AND NON NEGOTIABLE AS A TOOL TO US.
I invite you ladies and gentlemen on journey to expand your horizons to take your business to the next level.
As a team we will bring forth platform for you to learn and deploy these tools in your business.
Remember the road to India becoming a superpower is a digital one! For you. For me. For us!
Jai Hind!“Go Digital Be Global”